The Young Mediators' Group is for people from all professions and walks of life who are new to, or have an interest in, mediation.
Our aims and objectives are to:
- Raise awareness of the purpose and the profile of mediation in Scotland, across all sectors;
- Encourage and contribute to education, training and research into mediation;
- Promote a greater understanding and use of mediation as an effective dispute resolution tool;
- Create and encourage links among our community, other groups and organisations with similar or complementary aims and objectives, in Scotland and further afield;
- Represent Young Mediators' and contribute to relevant research and consultation on our members' behalf;
- Better understand public and professional conceptions about mediation allowing their development with our influence as appropriate.